Sunday 26 April 2020

THINGS TO WATCH IN ISOLATION!

I am so thankful for all the amazing talents in the world who contribute to the Entertainment industry. If not for the many projects available via Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+, YouTube, (including IGTV) and the rest, there would be little in the way of positive distractions at this time.
Copyright Charley Jai

I have thoroughly enjoyed being able to watch almost everything on my watch list and wanted to share with you some of the ones I've loved! Be sure to click on each title for more info. In no order of significance…

DISNEY+
Ruby Bridges (factual, historical and empowering)

NETFLIX
Self-Made (based on true events, funny, inspiring)
Coffee and Kareem (super talented cast, great movie)
The Town (emotional rollercoaster fusing love and crime)
Money Heist (a fast, intense political thrill set in Spain!)
The Sun Is Also a Star (a teen romance with some thought-provoking narration and a brilliant soundtrack)
Miracle in Cell No. 7 (one that will tug at the heartstrings. It literally brought me to tears; actual weeping!)
Extraction (starring 'Mr Too Hot' aka Chris Hemsworth, this action-thriller is a mix of adventure, comedy and a lot of gore and I LOVED it!!)

T.V.
Made in Chelsea (my not so guilty 'reality tv' pleasure since 2011 - it follows the lives of wealthy individuals in their 20s and early 30s who live in West London and travel to the most beautiful locations around the world). Noughts + Crosses (a well-performed story about a young couple who fight to be together while living in a state divided by colour. It's very powerful!)

In all honesty, I rarely watch television. I occasionally watch Good Morning Britain just to keep up to date with important world events, but, apart from the titles mentioned, I don't watch much else. I find T.V. quite boring these days.

AMAZON PRIME
Hidden Figures (true story, powerful performances, motivational movie)
An Angel Has Fallen (following on from London Has Fallen (2016) and Olympus Has Fallen (2013) this is another gripping action movie!)

YOUTUBE
The Michalaks - mini-films produced by the head of the household, Stefan, which strike an amazing balance between capturing everyday shenanigans and cinematic scenes that serve to stir up the emotions of each viewer in the best possible way. This family is beyond endearing. I have such a soft spot for them and have been a subscriber to their channel for years before the couple had children! Their content is stunning and often insightful, real talk!
Copyright - The Michalaks - Facebook
Which movies, programmes, projects, music artists, or youtube channels are you currently loving?

Stay home, keep safe. A better version of life (but still as we know it) is just around the corner!

6 comments:

  1. Nice πŸ‘ watching Netflix these days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Netflix has SO many good things at the moment!!

      Delete
  2. A very good read up i cant wait till you are on IGTV πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed watching these trailers! I'm especially excited about and interested in "Self Made", as I first became aware of Madam C. J Walker several years back and was very inspired by her story. Some other great picks in there too that I'm looking forward to viewing. I'm soooooo late, but it's all about "Breaking Bad" and "Peaky Blinders" for me right now! Another great blog Charley. Thanks for sharing!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Vel, you will enjoy 'Self Made' for sure! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog. Always appreciated x

      Delete