Sunday 10 February 2019

MY VALENTINE

Valentine's Day - the celebration of love and affection.

CopyrightCharleyJai

Look, here's the thing: I think the best expression of love is one that isn't declared on the 14th of February! Lol. Seriously though, in the conventional sense, I am still very anti this so-called international 'holiday'; a day set aside for EVERYONE, everywhere in the world to tell, or show somebody how much they love them by giving them red themed gifts, booking an expensive restaurant, or giving chocolates, planning a 'romantic' weekend away, etc., etc. Ugh!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

If you're about the hoo-ha of what Valentine's Day typically represents, good for you, knock yourself out and enjoy! If not, especially if you are in the Singles Club, then how about a bit of SELF love?
CopyrightCharleyJai
I have learned to love myself entirely [don't go thinking frisky thoughts, let's keep it clean], whereby I fully respect who I am, I appreciate my life experiences to date, am happy with all that I have achieved and am proud of the woman I have become. I'm excited about my prospects and believe that the work I put in will eventually pay off. I feel good within and also like what I see in the mirror [which wasn't always the case]. So, if I was about Valentine's Day [whether happily partnered or not] I'd celebrate self love. Maybe you should do the same. I see no shame in that at all. In fact, I admire those who practise self appreciation. I mean, why not?

For those delightfully coupled [or, who take part in Galantines, or whatever other 'something-tines' there is] and are all about Valentine's Day, but have yet to organise some romance, check out Prezzy Box here for gift ideas!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

To all my single peeps, go spoil your solo self and don't necessarily wait until the Valentine's weekend to do so! Duh! Ha-ha... Perhaps have a change of scenery and get involved with an activity. Or, attend an event for singletons [you could end up meeting your life partner]. Should you not want to step outside on the 'day of love', simply chill at home and indulge in some pampering, a hearty meal and a strong cuppa [making sure you avoid all social media, for obvious reasons!] Just spend some time appreciating yourself, you are SO deserving of that! x

Thanks for reading

PREVIOUS POST
BEAT THE NEW YEAR BLUE'S

SOCIAL MEDIA
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook Page

2 comments:

  1. Really appreciate you taking the time to have a read and leave a comment! Since you agree, what are your plans for Valentine's Day? 😉

    ReplyDelete