Sunday 9 July 2017

A DATE WITH AN ARTIST...

On Saturday 1st July, my friends and I were blessed with an opportunity to view the stunning creations of the artist known as Karla Cornwall and also meet her in person! She radiates beauty - both visually and on a personal level. Her passion for the work she creates and the excitement with which she speaks in detail about each piece would convert anyone to join those of us who have a deep appreciation for art!
CopyrightCharleyJai
Karla is a bespoke creator; her work is unique but, how does a gorgeous woman who once lacked confidence progress into a tour guide for her very own mesmerizing gallery showcase in one of London's popular towns? Read on...

When did you realise your passion for creating art? 
It has always been there, since I was a little girl. 

Can you remember the first piece of art you created? What was it?    
CopyrightCharleyJaiThe piece that has stuck with me was a gift for my Dad. I think I was about 6 or 7 and on holiday in Wales at my Grandad's house, it was the day before Fathers Day. I went to the garden, found a piece of stick and engraved the name 'dad' on it. My Mum then helped me to varnish it and I gave it to my dad. He still has it. I remember his reaction when he received it, priceless! 

Do art and fashion have a special meaning to you? 
I look at each field as a vessel to channel my creativity. Art more so than fashion as I feel there are no boundaries with art. I feel freer, more alive. 

If this were not your chosen industry, what line of work would you be in?    
Probably music, or writing. It would definitely be within the creative industry. 

How did you get started and progress to the stage of showcasing at a top, stylish London gallery?
My journey began from a young age. Experiences, or lessons learnt was expressed through creating. I merged my art and fashion skills to create new age textile art. The focus became the perception of one's mind; provoking the senses. Having the joint exhibition with the talented artist Ainsley Yearwood is actually all to do with him. He saw one of my pieces and loved it. He wanted to know about the artist behind the creation. We connected and the rest is history!

What's next for you? 
The sky is the limit! I'd like to travel the world and introduce people to my art. I want to continue to work on projects that challenge me and the techniques I use to create more spectacular pieces. I also want to collaborate and connect with other creative individuals.

Any words of wisdom?
Do what makes you happy. Remove money as a focus and simply live your passion. Enjoy the journey, great things will come to you. Believe in yourself and know that perseverance is key. 
CopyrightCharleyJai
FIND OUT MORE ~ Karla Cornwall London

Thanks for reading.
PREVIOUS POST - Family Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment