Sunday 12 July 2020

THIS IS FOR YOU

"You definitely have a great voice for radio and voice-over work, Charley, and you also have a really nice face for the screen too. I honestly think you're in the wrong line of work. You should be a presenter, or documentary maker, maybe voice reality TV shows? But you most certainly should not be working on a desk, at a computer screen, all day, where your talents are wasted instead of being given every opportunity to shine!" 

It's SO lovely when I receive such complimentary encouragement. This is something that has been said to me, by various people, in different ways, for many years. I've worked in T.V., Theatre, Film, and Radio and have loved those gigs/jobs more than any other, so, this is my bag for sure, however, I've yet to find the right door. But, I will keep striving until I do.

I don't usually divulge such things, but, I wanted to share this in the hope that it encourages anyone who might be feeling discouraged at this time. Rest if you must but, do not quit. Your talents are exactly what somebody somewhere is in need of. They just haven't come across you yet. They will if you stick with your pursuit!!

Stay hopeful and keep working on yourself. Get better, stronger, develop your skills and prepare for when it's your time!

Charley x
@charleyjaiuk

An audio version of this post is available via - SPOTIFY and PODBEAN



#career
#passion
#creative
#personaldevelopment


No comments:

Post a Comment