Sunday 26 July 2020

ARE YOU BEING HONEST ABOUT WHO YOU ARE?

The other day I was looking at my Instagram and Facebook pages and I asked myself, “are your social media profiles an honest and accurate representation of who you are and what you do?”. I’m not sure about everywhere else in the world but, us Brits are known for our modesty. We tend to shy away from speaking our truth; speaking confidently about the person we are and the things we do because, well, we likely worry that we might come across as boastful or arrogant. But, here’s the thing. So what if we do?

At the end of the day, especially if somebody has taken an interest in wanting to learn more about you, why would you be more concerned with what they will think is your truth versus what you know to be your truth? Until recently I never described myself as being a person who operates with care and consideration, a proud and confident brown woman who feels quite happy with life but wants to see so many major improvements in her life. 

I am an award-winning blogger turned podcaster, an advocate for positive young leaders, a mentor for aspiring talents and a presenter still seeking that golden opportunity. I’m single and have been for a while and although very happy solo I pray that I will one day be part of a duo because this single ting is now a long ting; I’m over it! 

What’s wrong with that? What’s wrong with saying, "I am accomplished but with so much more to achieve, happily single but really wanting to meet the one for me and I am somebody working towards the pursuit of her goals openly, honestly, passionately but with care and consideration"?. What’s wrong with putting that out there? I mean, doing so might actually bring me the things that I want most. 

So, who are you and are you being honest about who you are, where you’re at and where you hope to end up?

Charley x

An audio version of this post is available via - SPOTIFY and PODBEAN

#honesty
#selfworth
#liveyourtruth
#shamelessyou

No comments:

Post a Comment