Sunday 24 February 2019

THIS HAPPENS TO US ALL

I sat down with my laptop, opened a new word document and typed out my thoughts. I read them back and decided to share them with you in the hope they have you feel positively encouraged with any difficulty you might be facing. 

Around this time last year I was quietly miserable; hiding behind a self-imposed 'busy' schedule which kept me from confronting what had me feeling so sad because, I just didn't want to deal with yet another change in my circumstances which was having a very negative impact on me, real talk.

Copyright Charley Jai
However, when a friend had to cancel our date, I was left with no option but to face said 'thing' and just deal with it. Essentially, the happy bunny being portrayed on the outside wasn't true of how I felt inside. It would inevitably be the very same friend to cancel on me whom I would later confide in and thereafter begin working on getting better, as it were, with their support.

Far from wanting to bore you with the details of that particular time, I just want you to be reminded that it's okay to have moments of despair, to feel alone, lost, fragile, to lack confidence about your future, etc. But, you have got to remember that you are NOT alone.
Copyright Charley Jai
Friends, family, your partner, perhaps a trusted colleague, your GP, or health advisor, a community group, or social enterprise can and will support you. They must first be told that you require some help and that must come from you. Once you open up and are honest about your struggle (s), things will definitely get better. It isn't easy, I know, but, it IS possible.

Everything happens for a reason, we know that... Here's the thing though: the reason (s) will only become clear once you overcome the hardship so, reach out, stay hopeful, remain transparent, be fiercely determined to battle through and be comforted by the fact that having such moments are normal. Your imperfections are uniquely wonderful, embrace them and they'll be some of your best teachers! Happiness is a must. Get yours and do everything you can, within reason, to keep it!!
Copyright Charley Jai
A song titled 'Holy' by Jamila Woods which features in the Netflix movie 'Nappily Ever After' starring Sanaa Lathan is one of the most positively encouraging songs I have come across in recent months. I listen to it almost daily and, each time, I feel uplifted and empowered. Check it out here.

As I've told you in previous posts, you're worthy of greatness. Remember that.

Thanks for reading

PREVIOUS POSTMY CLAYTON HOTEL ROMANCE

SOCIAL MEDIA
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook Page

4 comments:

  1. You’re amazing Charley, always writing genuine and heartfelt posts. Thank you! Eve xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so, SO much, Eve. Really appreciate your support xxx

      Delete
  2. Thank you for having a read and for taking the time to leave a comment. Much appreciated 😊

    ReplyDelete