Sunday 3 March 2019

6 THINGS I KEEP ON MY BEDSIDE TABLE!

Some of you might be wondering why I’ve decided to share this. Well, surprisingly, this is one of the many questions I have been asked by quite a number of you lovely, loyal readers. It's funny, to me, that such a thing is of interest but, I'm happy to share this with you. So, let’s get into it…
Copyright Charley Jai
Typically, before I go to bed, I make sure the little table in my room has a few essentials which may aid my sleep, or that I might need throughout the night. Admittedly, sometimes I just don’t bother and other times I only add a couple of bits. Depends on how tired I am to be honest.

NIGHT LIGHT
These are great! I find lamps a bit too much, or not enough. However, the night light, which plugs into the wall [so, no, doesn't actually sit on my bedside table, lol] and automatically senses when to come on and go off, is great for if you want to have a tiny bit of light in your room. The one I've pictured is from Amazon.

Charley Jai | Copyright Charley Jai

A GOOD BOOK
I try to read 2 chapters of my current book before I sleep and, with that, drink at least 1 - 2 pints of water [for which I’d first sit and read in the kitchen]. Reading both stimulates my mind [in a calming, positive way] and makes me tired, so, not only do I dream well [if I can sleep, one of my neighbours is a bit of a nightmare to say the least], I feel quite relaxed which means I settle down quicker.

Charley Jai | Copyright Charley Jai

BOTTLE OF WATER
Do you ever suddenly get ridiculously thirsty during the night? I do! Now, here's the thing. Once I'm all tucked in, I don't want to leave my warm, cosy, snugly bed for some water, which, in the past, has completely broken my sleep and kept me awake until the early hours. To the point where I just stayed up! Not good! So, having a bottle of water on my little table just in case, works a treat.

MY DIARY and a PENCIL
Randomly, on a few occasions, I've woken up in the middle of the night realizing that I agreed to meet with a friend, for either lunch, or dinner, etc., but I forgot to write it in my diary, LOL!! Oh, and, the reason for the pencil is because, I enjoy the luxury of being able to erase instead of scribble/cross something out which is also a more effective way to keep my diary neat. Yes, I am that person, ha-ha!!
Charley Jai | Copyright Charley Jai
OLBAS STICK
Now and then I get a bit of a stuffy nose during the night, which instantly makes it difficult to breathe and this can then have a big impact on sleep. So, having a sniff of my olbas stick clears my airwaves thus enabling me to get right back into snoozeville.... Does this happen to you? I find it so strange. What do you do for relief?

SEEDS, or DRY FRUIT
It very rarely happens, but I can get quite peckish at night and am not one for consuming a sandwich, or a full plate of food at bedtime! A handful of seeds, or some dry fruit [I actually only ever have half an apple, to be honest], usually curbs my hunger and doesn't prevent me from getting back to sleep.
Charley Jai | Copyright Charley Jai
That's pretty much it! My phone is left away from me and switched to silent [not charging overnight, the Samsung S8 is quite good and holds battery well]. The only other item I sometimes keep on the table is a piece of card just in case I get too hot and want to fan myself.

Do you have a bedside table, or a designated spot near your bed for keeping some essential items? What do you keep in/on there? Is there something you think I should add to my own? 

Thanks for reading

PREVIOUS POSTTHIS HAPPENS TO US ALL

SOCIAL MEDIA
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook Page

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Lol... I don't watch much TV at all, I prefer to read, but, if I did, the remote control would defo be added. x

      Delete
  2. Some amazing tips here, definitely something for everyone. Please keep it going!

    ReplyDelete